April 11, 2016
At the Existentialist Cafe is BBC Radio 4’s Book of the Week starting Monday 13 April. Catch up with it online here – a 5-part serialisation, edited by Polly Coles and read by Sasha Behar.
There’s a quick interview on NPR’s The Takeaway, with John Hockenberry, here.
Meanwhile, my US tour is coming to a finale at the Town Hall, Seattle, tonight: see here. For a flavour of my American conversations, especially when fuelled by a cocktail or two, here’s Martin Pengelly’s piece in the US Guardian on what happened when we met in Manhattan for a Manhattan in the Bemelmans Bar.
Next is a rather brief visit to Canada, where I’m at the Gladstone Hotel in Toronto on Wednesday 13 April – an event organised by Flying Books. Read more here. I also selected five favorite books of the moment for Flying Books – here they are.
More UK appearances coming up with dizzying soonness: join me at “Sunday Morning with Sartre”, organised by the School of Life at London’s Mary Ward Centre: 11.20 am on Sunday 17 April. See here!
Looking ahead to May: on the evening of 9 May I’ll be at Shakespeare & Co in Paris. See their website here for further details when they emerge. In the UK, I’m at Charleston on 27 May (here), with Steve Jones, and at Hay on 30 May. More details to follow.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Filed under Uncategorized.